Friday, May 6, 2011

Name change @ SHA: Now Shop Contemporary Handmade

Shop Contemporary Handmade Basic Square finalBefore we grow any further (nearly 1000 fans in just over 2 weeks – wow and thanks) we have made the decision to change our name to:
Shop Contemporary Handmade.


This entails a few key changes, including a change to our Blogger and Facebook page addresses. Whilst Blogger thankfully allows us to make the name change without affecting our subscribers, sadly Facebook requires us to create a new page and start from scratch.

Won’t you join us?

{New Facebook page}

To help us make this necessary change, and to bring as many people across to our new page as we can, we are having a competition!

We need lots of Aussie handmade businesses to spread the word that Shop Handmade Australia is now Shop Contemporary Handmade and encourage people to follow along.

You could win blog sponsorship on the SCH blog for the remainder of May 2011!
There are 2 sponsorship places to be won.

Details on what blog sponsorship provides can be found HERE.

And if you’re not a crafty page owner but a shopper of handmade, we’d really love you to join us on the new page; and encourage your friends and family to join in too. After all, this page is for you! We will continue to bring you quality, relevant information about handmade businesses in Australia, including details of competitions, sales, discounts and more.

To Enter
Add a comment at the bottom of this blog post, advising how you have spread the word, along with your craft business name and a way I can contact you (link to your Facebook page or website, or an email address).

Good luck and thanks again! We couldn’t do it without you!

Entries open NOW and close at 8pm Saturday 7 May 2011.
Open to Australian craft/creative/related pages only.

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for supporting handmade businesses. Hope you have much success with the new name. I've posted a link to your new facebook page on the TopazTurtle facebook page here http://www.facebook.com/topazturtle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just shouted-out about the switch at mabel & daisy's FB page:
    http://www.facebook.com/mabeldaisy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be promoting your change on my facebook page. www.facebook.com/FlightsOfFancyArtisticDesigns
    You can also find me at www.flights-of-fancy.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. great to see you getting things going again.
    i've posted on my facebook page about your name change.
    www.facebook.com/pikeletworkshop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will give you a shout out on my fb page MELLEBUG.
    www.facebook.com/mellebug
    mellebug@gmail.com
    Bec
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's my pleasure to promote your page on FB after your name change. I have been lucky enough to benefit from one of your promos and it's my turn to repay the favour! Best of luck- I am sure you'll be back to that 1000 fans (and past it) in no time at all! ~Monique from Olive Bay Designs~
    www.facebook.com/OliveBayDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck with your name change, I have spread the word for you by posting on my facebook site encouraging everyone to visit you! Im a new liker to your new and old site, so I hope others will get onto the name change!

    Amanda Josephs, Charlise Jane Handmade Creations, www.facebook.com/charlisejanehandmadecreations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Posted on Facebook and Twitter about the name change

    ReplyDelete
  9. we have posted your name change on our page at www.facebook.com/youmakememe and will continue to do so throughout the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I posted a link sharing the name change on Cheeki Babi
    http://www.facebook.com/CheekiBabiPage

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have posted you on my home pages, personal and business!! Pleas pop over and see me on Facebook at Ziggy Boo! I make children's wear, hair accessories, nappy covers and little presents for Bubs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have spread the word over at www.facebook.com/calamitybolt and will do a shout-out too from my personal page this week. All the best with the transition! Elke x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've only just found your site. I've added you as a Like on my Facebook Page and have added the CHA logo to my Blog.
    Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nyabing-Australia/Skinflint/147297565291844
    Blog:
    http://skinflints.blogspot.com
    Website:
    www.skinflnt.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi SCH, can't wait til I am enjoying the success you have had! I shared & provided a link to you on both my personal & business facebook sites, told other businesses I like about you, joined you as a follower and added a link to you on my website! What else can I do for you? Ooh I know, forgot to blog about you on my blogspot, will go do that now! My contemporary handmade name frames are gifts to 'Give with Love'! I would love it if you visited my website www.molly33.com
    and my blogspot www.mollyisinspired.blogspot.com
    Love, Molly xo
    Molly's Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just did a shout out for you on my facebook page, its so hard to change over pages isnt it? wish it was easier, but I am sure you will move all your fans as your page is awesome with so many great handmade businesses that support you. Good luck with the name change and keep up all the good work.
    Gardenia
    https://www.facebook.com/ALittleLessUseless

    ReplyDelete
  16. SCH on behalf on entrant:

    I have done a shoutout on my facebook page and have also sent my friends who are handmade buyers a text message letting them know about your new facebook page.

    What a great concept! I love your blog and your facebook page.

    Thanks for your time.

    Kind regards

    Melissa of MissMeliss Jewellery

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shoutout done from my main FB page Jelly Bean Books. Great page, love your blog!
    ~ Christine xx
    Jelly Bean Books & Mini-Me Handcrafts

    ReplyDelete
  18. SCH on behalf of entrant:
    I have been spreading the word today at our "Made with love market bazaar" to all our crafty girls and I will spread the word at my next market this Friday and them again on Sunday at my next market and exhibition opening. Love handmade.

    Sandra
    Grace of Autumn
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Grace-of-Autumn/137765329629738

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...