Stuck for ideas to do with the kids now that school holidays are coming to an end? Why not go old school with a bit of sidewalk chalk fun and make your own with the kids.
Full tutorial over at Playful Learning.
What you'll need:
- Tempera Paint (use primary, and mix secondary colors)
- Plaster of Paris
- Wrapping Paper Tubes
- Wax Paper
- Masking Tape
- Sandwich baggies (for piping bags)
- Cut the tube into 5 inch segments. Line the interiors with wax paper, tape the base to seal one end, and set aside.
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of tempera paint with 1/2 cup of water. Stir in 3/4 cup of plaster of Paris. Spoon the mixture into a sandwich baggy and snip the end. Squeeze the contents into the tube. Prop straight up (I used the masking tape ring to support my 6 tubes).
- Allow to dry at room temperature for at least 12 hours. Enjoy!
Tutorial and photos courtesy of Playful Learning.